It's not the destination, but the journey
Michelle Thake has been self-employed for twelve years. She runs a successful travel franchise in Essex called Travel Counsellors.
With a fair few business miles under her belt, she's well placed to help those just starting out on their freelancing journey.
- Know your product and engage in training updates at every opportunity - the travel industry changes at a rapid rate so it's important that I am aware of the current trends, destinations and issues.
- Manage your time effectively - work out a daily plan to reply to emails, work on enquiries and marketing.
- Get out there and network - only you can do it and competition is fierce, meet your potential customers and don't wait for it to happen.
- Know your market and adapt your marketing campaigns/offers accordingly - use your friends and family to help promote you and your business, ask for referrals at all times.
- Self-belief and a positive attitude and mindset will help you to achieve your goals - DREAM, BELIEVE, ACHIEVE