Immigration consultants' professional indemnity

Protection in one easy move

Pick an OISC level 1 & 2 immigration consultants' insurance package (if your turnover's under £25,000) or build your own.

Professional indemnity: £250k
Public liability: £1m
Portable equipment: £1k


a month

Professional indemnity: £500k
Public liability: £1m
Portable equipment: £2k


a month

Professional indemnity: £1m
Public & employers' liability
Portable equipment: £2k


a month

Professional indemnity: £250k
Public liability: £1m
Portable equipment: £1k

a month

  • No admin charges
    For anything, ever
  • Buy online in minutes
    No forms, no fuss
  • Speedy service
    Less admin, more business
  • Interest-free Direct Debit
    Your budget, your way

Leave risk behind

Relocating to another country means dealing with a minefield of paperwork and legislation. Good job you're around to help and advise, then. If things don't go well, however, an allegation of negligence won't go away.

Immigration consultants' professional indemnity insurance helps protect your business and your reputation. No more risky moves.

Why do immigration consultants need professional indemnity insurance?

You can't be an immigration consultant without being a member of the OISC. And you can't be a member of the OISC without having professional indemnity insurance. So that's decision made.

Apart from that, it's sound risk management.

You're conscientious and diligent, of course, but mistakes do happen. And, rightly or wrongly, your clients can accuse you of doing something (or not doing something) that's cost them money. Whether you like it or not, you'll have to do something about it.

Immigration consultants' insurance means you don't have to worry about that. If something does go wrong your policy pays for your legal defence, compensates your client, and helps you keep doing business as usual.

How much professional indemnity insurance do I need?

The OISC says your professional indemnity insurance must be "current and adequate". Not a great deal of help.

But it also says this: "Please note the Commissioner recommends cover to be at least £250,000."

Bear in mind that's the minimum level of cover you should have. Potentially, an actual claim against you could cost far more in legal costs and compensation payments. It might be best to play it safe and go for something like £1m instead.

Feel free to call us if you need help deciding.

What does professional indemnity insurance cover?

Negligence claims and allegations made against you by clients and third parties, because of mistakes you’ve made and things you’ve failed to do.

Specifically (but depending on the policy wording):

  • Defamation
  • Intellectual property infringement
  • Loss of documents or data
  • Negligent misrepresentation or misstatement
  • Employee dishonesty
  • Virus transmission
  • Breach of confidentiality
  • Failure of third-party equipment

But that’s not all. Some professional indemnity policies can fix a mistake before your client is even aware of it, thereby preventing a claim in the first place.

Clever stuff.

What else do I need?

Public liability insurance is for when you go out and about on business, or have visitors to your office. It’s for claims of physical damage to property and people. Useful if you’re clumsy.

Employers’ liability insurance covers your business if an employee sues it for damages. Claims are usually because they’ve suffered injuries and illnesses as a consequence of working for you. It’s a legal requirement for UK businesses with employees.

Office and property insurance covers the things in your office (furniture, plants, fixed IT equipment etc) and portable insurance covers gadgets and technical equipment away from the office (laptops, tablets, projectors etc). If you’re not sure it’s worth insuring, add it all up – it’s probably worth more than you think.

Business interruption insurance means you can still work when your office is out of action. Be it flood, fire or flea infestation, you’re covered for the costs of setting up elsewhere and for any lost revenue in that time.

Directors’ and officers’ insurance covers your company bosses. Anyone from regulators to shareholders to competitors can accuse you of not running a business with due care. Worse, directors are personally liable for their actions. The good thing is this insurance covers your defence costs and any compensation you have to pay. So you can put away your chequebook.

Why should I buy my insurance from you?

Glad you asked.

The simple answer is: we know what we're doing. Professional insurance is all we do so we know what you need, even if you don't.

We also know that buying insurance can be, well, a bit of a pain. So we make sure getting yours is quick and hassle-free.

We do all that while treating you like a human being, too. You won't find a call centre here. Or a phone menu. And we've banned nonsense insurance jargon.

Anything else? Well, there's the great stuff you get, such as 20% off everything at MOO. We have an 'I'm insured!' badge for your website too – perfect for the professional professional.

Also, we'll give you money each time you recommend us.

Plus, every insurance-related question you can think of is answered in our School of Risk, and you'll get our quarterly risk advice email – 'The Waggle' – to help you avoid problems in the first place.

If you're after a second opinion, have a look at our customers' feedback. They're the ones you should really listen to.

Risk tips for Immigration consultants
School of Risk for Immigration Consultants

Moving pains

People move for all sorts of reasons – work, family, the chance of a better life. But upping sticks and relocating to another country can be difficult and draining.

You already know it doesn’t take much to throw a spanner in the works. Paperwork is extensive and immigration laws change all the time.


Buy online in minutes. Less admin, more business!
yay banner image
  • Industry & association compliant
    Ticks all OISC level boxes
  • Buy online in minutes
    No forms, no fuss
  • Speedy service
    Less admin, more business
  • Interest-free Direct Debit
    Your budget, your way
What our customers say about us
Very easy to find the cover I wanted and to put it in place. That ease of doing business is key to me.
An efficient, convenient service.
All aspects of contact, quotation and putting cover in place were exemplary.
Refreshingly straightforward approach; very good people to deal with.
PolicyBee gave me an unbeatable quote online. The process was so easy and I was insured within minutes.

Need some help?

No problem – we'll call you.

Sarah Adams - our immigration consultants' insurance expert

I'm Sarah,
our immigration consultants' insurance expert.

Got a question? Need a quote? Call me on
0345 222 5376, or click
'Call me back'.