We're here to help
0345 561 0320
Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm, local rate & mobile friendly

Insurance for clerical and admin assistants

Put this top of your to-do list: protect your business with legal-bill paying, mistake-fixing, client-keeping, reputation-saving professional insurance.

Quote online in less than 2 minutes

Professional indemnity
from £11.40 a month for £100,000 cover

Professional indemnity insurance defends you against claims of negligence, breach of confidentiality, dishonesty, libel and slander. We offer up to £10,000,000 cover.

Public liability
£4.75 a month
£1,000,000 for physical damage and injuries caused by your business
Employers’ liability insurance
£4.59 a month
£10,000,000 legally required cover for employers
Based on an annual income of up to £25,000. All prices include IPT at 12%. Quote online for turnovers up to £500,000, or call and talk to an expert.
Help for helping hands

As long as there are busy people with too much to do, you’ll be there to offer your expert services. It can be a busy job, but you’re not complaining.

Sadly, even the most diligent professionals can slip up. A heaving inbox may mean more clients, but it’s also a prime location for things to get lost.

Good thing you have professional indemnity insurance. It can cover the costs of defending you from allegations of negligence, as well as compensating dissatisfied customers if necessary.

Why do I need professional indemnity insurance?

No matter how careful you are, all businesses can slip up and make mistakes. Clerical and admin assistants are no different.

It doesn’t take much to make a spelling mistake in an important report, forget to send a letter, or file a document in the wrong place. They may seem like small errors, but they all have the potential to cost your client money.

Without professional indemnity insurance, you’d have to fork out for a solicitor, or act as your own legal defence. Not appealing options, are they?

You need PI insurance because you have a business to run; because you have limited funds; because you’re not legally trained; and because your reputation matters.

How much professional indemnity insurance do I need?

That’s not an easy one to answer.

There are no rules governing how much professional indemnity insurance admin and clerical assistants need, so you’ll have to decide on that one for yourself.

Some business activities are more risky than others are, so you should consider what you do, and who you do it for. For example, typing is generally low risk. However, if you’re working on things like medical or legal transcriptions, your potential exposure to a claim is increased.

To be safe, buy as much cover as you can afford.

What does professional indemnity insurance cover?

PI insurance covers negligence and mistakes you’ve made that cost your client money.

Specifically, this includes things like:

  • Defamation
  • Intellectual property infringement
  • Loss of documents
  • Negligent misrepresentation or misstatement
  • Employee dishonesty
  • Virus transmission
  • Breach of confidentiality

Some professional indemnity policies can even fix mistakes before you client is aware of them, preventing a claim from occurring in the first place.

What else do admin and clerical assistants need?

Public liability insurance covers you if you’re responsible for injuring someone or damaging their property. It can pay for the legal costs of defending yourself, as well as any compensation you’re liable for.

Employers’ liability insurance compensates your employees if they suffer a workplace injury or illness and you’re to blame. It can even pay for any legal fees.

Office and property insurance covers the things in your office such as furniture, plants, and fixed IT equipment, like printers. Portable insurance covers gadgets and technical equipment that you take away from your office, like laptops, tablets, and projectors.

Business interruption insurance helps you stay working when your office is out of action. Be it flood, fire or flea infestation, it covers the costs of setting up elsewhere and any lost revenue in that time.

Directors’ and officers’ insurance covers your company bosses. Anyone from regulators to shareholders to competitors can accuse you of not running a business with due care. Worse, directors are personally liable for their actions. The good thing is this insurance covers your defence costs and any compensation you have to pay. So you can put away your chequebook.

Why choose us?

We know time’s a luxury most small businesses and self-employed peeps don’t have. That’s why we make buying insurance as quick, easy, and fuss-free as possible.

Not to blow our own trumpet, but our platinum-rated feedback shows our customers really like how we do things.

Like how we give them the option to get their quote online, or pick up the phone and speak to us one-on-one. Whatever they’re comfortable with.

As our customer, you get the insurance know-how you need, when you need it. Whether that’s by speaking to our friendly team or browsing our advice hub.

You get extra perks and benefits, like a free “I’m insured” badge for your website, money off legal services, and a reward when you recommend us.

Lastly, you get a broker behind you who a) understands what you do, and b) works as hard for you as you do.

You can’t put a price on that.

What our customers say...
Easy to get a quote and buy the insurance
Business Management and Administrative Services
5 February 2024
Easy and seamless to get an insurance
Bookkeeping and Administration
16 October 2023
Easy to use website, quick response and the cheapest estimates by quite a bit
13 September 2023

Prefer to talk?

Call us and a real person answers. No call centre, no phone menu, no scripts. Just friendly, helpful advice from a business insurance professional.

We're here Monday to Friday, 9 to 5.
0345 561 0320
Catherine Roberts
Account Executive
Sarah Adams
Sales Team Leader
Yasin Akdemir
Senior Account Executive
Sian Adams
Medical Malpractice Team Leader
Zoe Langford
Account Executive