Phone icon
Menu icon
Professional insurance
with a personal touch
We're open as usual
0345 222 5391
Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm, local rate & mobile friendly

rules and regulations

Iimmigration consultants’ insurance: who’s right?

OISC members: when it comes to your professional indemnity insurance, it's the government v your insurer. And you're caught in the middle. Read our advice.

Freelancing story – TaxAssist Accountants

TaxAssist Accountants aren't freelancers, but they work with them all the time. Here are their top freelancing tips for making a go of it.

Startups: five mistakes to avoid

It's hard being a startup. Here are five mistakes that could cause you more than just a little inconvenience.

How to get your property claim paid in full

Underinsure your contents & kit, and the 'average rule' means your insurer might not pay all your property claim. Here's what it means and how to avoid it.

Sign up to being prepared and protected

Get reliable advice on protecting and fine-tuning your business or charity sent straight to your inbox. Plus, receive other occasional bits we think you'll enjoy, like competitions and offers. We promise not to swamp you, and you can unsubscribe easily.

Sign me up

Insurance claims: why not to call your solicitor

About to embark on the professional indemnity insurance claim process? There's lots to remember, including not contacting your solicitor. Here's why.

Insurance for ICAEW accountants

ICAEW members need professional indemnity. But you know that already. What you might not know is how much, for how long and from whom.

CIMA insurance for accountants explained

Join CIMA and you'll need professional indemnity insurance. But that's just the start. There's more you need to think about, too. Here's the lowdown.

ACCA accountants’ insurance explained

Chartered accountants joining ACCA must have professional indemnity insurance to a specified minimum level of cover. And a lot more than that, too.

Insurance for ICAS accountants

To join the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland you need ICAS insurance. Professional indemnity insurance to be precise. Here's the why and how.

How to choose an insurance broker: 4 key questions to ask

Here's a handy list of the key things to think about when you choose an insurance broker. Also, why getting the right broker for your business is crucial.

Your business insurance queries answered

We’re here to help, so business insurance queries are right up our street. Here are the answers to 8 head-scratchers we’ve been asked recently by customers.

Do you have a ‘second income’?

Do you have a taxable second income that you haven't declared to HMRC? You could do, and you may not even know about it. Here's what you need to know.